Many of the colleges and universities where Delta Tau Delta has chapters have responded to the growing threat of the Coronavirus by moving to online classes. The safety of our members is of the utmost importance.
Be Apart Together
Live Safety Updates
10-Year Celebration Formal 2020 Has Been Canceled
3/25/20 - Refund Policy Updates of 10-year Celebration Formal 2020
Dear Brothers and Families,
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. For the Iota Xi Chapter, that means understanding how it affects our brothers and families and then making the necessary adjustments to our operations. We wanted to reach out and update the chapter's Formal 2020 Tickets Refund Policy.
- All tickets purchased before 03/28/2020 automatically have been transferred to the event hosts on 10/17/2020.
- The refund policy applies to your purchase of tickets directly through us via our website at floridatechdelts.org before 03/28/2020..
- The refund period is 180 days from the transaction date when you purchase the ticket(s) from floridatechdelts.org.
- The last day to request a ticket(s) refund request is June 1, 2020.
- Eventbrite.com is the only channel to request a refund. The Iota Xi chapter does not accept any other kinds of request method. Please refer to the Refund Guide on floridatechdelts.org for further guidance.
- We will respond to your request within 1 - 5 business days. If the refund request satisfied the time frame requirement, the Finance would issue a full refund.
- If you purchased with PayPal installment plan, we would cancel your automatic payments profile, and refund finished payments.
- If you paid with your:
- Credit card (including PayPal Credit): your refund will go to your credit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refun d. The money will still be sent to this card account.
- Bank account: your refund will initially go back to the PayPal balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank). It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear on your bank account. If a refund is issued shortly after you paid, we'll try to cancel the transaction, so you're never charged. If we're unable to cancel the transaction, the refund will be processed and sent to your bank account.
- PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance: your refund will go to your PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance on the same day the refund was processed.
- PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance + credit card: your refund will go to both your PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance and credit card. The refund to the balance will happen the same day it's processed; the refund to the card may take up to 30 days.
- Debit card: your refund will go to your debit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the refund can't be applied to your debit card, it'll be sent to your PayPal account.
- Cash/Check: the Iota Xi chapter will contact you personally.
On behalf of our entire Finance Committee team, we thank you for your support. Let's band together to overcome challenges and complexities for the time like this.
Ce "Samuel" Su
Director of Finance
3/19/20 - Finance Committee's Message
ACTIVE MEMBER DUES PARTIALLY REFUND
- Since the chapter suspended all activities, the Finance Committee will refund the current fiscal year remaining fund for brotherhood, community service, philanthropy, Greek week, honor board, recruitment, Road programs, social events, and T-shirt fund.
- The refund will be 40.00 dollars.
- In the next few weeks, the Finance Committee will do the refund for the people paid in full for this semester first.
- For people on a payment plan, the refund will happen when you finish the PayPal Recurring Payments Installment Profile.
FOR NOT REFUNDED PROGRAMS FUNDS
- We will carry the formal budget to October and merge with our annual alumni event for our 10-year celebration.
- For the year 2020 composite, we rescheduled the session to the early Fall 2020 semester, and we will provide seniors complimentary previous composite photo usage and free shipment.
- As right now, Phoenix Karnea (Aug. 5-9, 2020) will proceed as scheduled, the chapter will cover the hotel expenses. Also, the finance committee provides installment plans for people who cannot pay in full upfront. For more Karena info, visit delts.org/karnea.
INITIATION DUES FOR THE TAU NEW MEMBER CLASS
- As right now, we paused the clock on the eight-week new member period, and we will reinstate the Tau New Member Class activities on 08/09/2020, the mandatory return date for Greek Life for the Fall 2020 semester.
- The Finance Committee will adjust the initiation dues invoice to 325.00 dollars in the next few weeks, and the due date will be 08/17/2020.
- Keep in mind all Tau New Member Class members still responsible for Fall 2020 active member dues.
- People purchased the 03/28/2020 Formal tickets will automatically transfer to 10/17/2020 10-year Celebration Annual Alumni Event
- The Finance Committee will provide refund policy and refund instructions via eventbrite.com. We will provide the instruction email in the next few days.
- The last day to request the refund will be June 1, 2020.
REMAIN FINANCE COMMITTEE OPERATIONS
- The Finance Committee moved all remaining regular meetings to online (Mar 25, 2020, 07:30 PM & Apr 15, 2020, 07:30 PM). All chapter members are welcome to join. Join URL: https://fit.zoom.us/j/680143761
- The Finance Committee will release Chapter 2020 - 2021 Fiscal Year Budget and membership dues for the next semester after the Finance Committee meeting on Apr 15.
- The Finance Committee wavies all fines for Spring 2020 late payments, but you still must fulfill your financial obligation.
3/18/20 - President's Message
Tanner J Crampton
- CDC - Coronavirus
- Florida Department of Health - Coronavirus
- Holzer Health Center
- Office of Environmental Health and Safety
- ICUF Press Release March 19
Members of the Florida Tech community with coronavirus concerns may also call the Florida Department of Health hotline at 866-779-6121. The hotline is staffed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.